Wednesday Night Mexican Club

Twenty-somethings in Dallas eat Tex-Mex around town every Wednesday and write about their exploits to raise local queso awareness.

Monday, July 31, 2006

7/26/2006: Enchilada's

A relatively frequent spot in our travels, though I've never been sure why...Enchilada's is further away from (and a little more expensive than) Monterrey's, but I don't think it's much better. This time, I ordered the chipotle grilled chicken, which was a chicken breast (quite dry) smothered in cheese and not-so-good chipotle sauce. The "sonora vegetables" on the side were good, at least: flavorful, not oversoaked in butter. I skipped the queso, but I don't remember theirs ever being remarkable (though it's among the best in cost-to-quantity ratio, at least, which is good for big groups).

My score: two chips and some crumbles out of five. I'd imagine the rest of the guys had better luck w/ their enchilada plates and would up that to three, maybe even four. But hey, they took their sweet-ass time posting this week, so come get some.

P.S. Jon and I beat the shit out of Mike and James in Halo 2 last night. This has nothing to do with Mexican food...it just needed to be stated.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger CAV said...

I will follow this blog with keen interest. Why? I dont know.
Good ending with the halo 2 thing.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Jonnie B. said...

yeah, those dudes got rampaged on when i pulled out my trusty sniper rifle...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home