Wednesday Night Mexican Club

Twenty-somethings in Dallas eat Tex-Mex around town every Wednesday and write about their exploits to raise local queso awareness.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

10/04/2006: Zuzu's

I had to ditch the posse to conduct an interview for the new site, so I popped into Zuzu's solo because it was on the way. Someone always bitches when I ask to go there on a Wednesday; not because the food sucks, but because the food comes out "too" quickly. I always thought this was a stupid complaint because 1) we always wait until 8 p.m. to eat and I'm starving by then and 2) the chips aren't good enough to sit and munch on while waiting for an entree. So, like, it was good to get away from those complaining ninnies so I could enjoy a lil Zuzu's.

Thing is, the meal was a bit disappointing. I went with some chicken enchiladas which were decent--the red sauce wasn't overbearing and the white cheese is a nice change of pace from the usual enchilada fare around town--but I think I'd put Zuzu's on a pedestal after being denied its quick pleasures for so long. I will say that the option to pick your own sides is killer and should be used by more restaurants...I can't stand rice at most Tex-Mex restaurants, so I traded that shit in for a roasted corn salad. Mmm. Their black beans are also tops; not enough places around Dallas serve black beans. Too bad their chips are both flavorless and served cold; their salsa selection is good and deserves a better palate-enhancer.

Three chips out of five, a good combo of Taco C's quickness and a sit-down joint's quality. Might've raised the score if I'd ordered any of Zuzu's new 99 cent "value" items.

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Jonnie B. said...

ghey...

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZuZu's sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home